About brand name of the drug
Cenforce FM 100 mg is a brand manufactured by Centurion Laboratories Pvt. Ltd. it is an FDA-approved medication which used to treat Erectile Dysfunction (ED) in men. After being introduced in 1998, Cenforce FM 100 mg became the most popular treatment for ED issues. It is a fast acting medication that can last upto 4 hours. It works good for men at any age, regardless of how long the patient has been having issues getting and maintaining an erection.
About the drug
Cenforce FM 100 mg contains Sildenafil citrate as its active pharmaceutical ingredient. This medication is released in coated tablets covered with a pink shell. It comes in different strengths such as 25, 50, 100, 120, 150 and 200 mg. In combination with sexual stimulation, it works by increasing blood flow to the penis to help a man get and keep an erection.
About salt of the drug
Like other PDE5 inhibitors, Sildenafil effectively improves the ability of men with erectile dysfunction to achieve an erection and successfully complete intercourse. It used to improve the erectile response when a man is already sexually stimulated.
Medical Uses of the drug
Cenforce FM 100 mg drug is used for the following medical conditions:-
- Erectile Dysfunction: It is used to treat erectile dysfunction or impotence in men, a condition characterized by difficulty in achieving and sustaining an erection while having attempting or sexual intercourse.
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension: It is used to treat high blood pressure levels in the arteries connecting the heart and the lungs. It also used to improve exercise capacity in such patients.
Working of a drug
Cenforce FM 100 mg works by relaxing the smooth muscles present in the walls of blood vessels in the penis. This action is limited to particular areas of the body and the flow of blood in these areas is increased. Thus, when there is sexual stimulation, this medicine increases blood flow in the penis, resulting in a successful or improved penile erection and does not show any effect when there is no sexual stimulation. When used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension, this medicine decreases the blood pressure in the pulmonary blood vessels.
When taken for erectile dysfunction, take this medicine at least 30-60 minutes before sexual activity, but no more than 4 hours. It is important to note that when taken for erectile dysfunction, this medicine will not work without sexual stimulation.
Cenforce D Tablet
Cenforce FM 100 mg Tablet
Cenforce 25 Mg Tablet
Cenforce 50mg Tablet
Cenforce 100mg Tablet
Cenforce 130 Mg Tablet
Cenforce 120 Mg Tablet
Cenforce 150mg Tablet
Cenforce 200mg Tablet
Cenforce Soft 100mg Tablet
Cenforce Professional 100mg Tablet
The most common side effects of daily dose Cenforce FM 100 mg include:-
- Flushing (redness, warmth)
- Respiratory and urinary tract disorder
- Visual disturbances
- Sensitivity to light
- Prolonged and painful erection
- Ringing or buzzing in the ears
- Nasal congestion
How to use
When taken for erectile dysfunction, it is taken at least 30-60 minutes before sexual activity. It is important to note that when taken for erectile dysfunction, this medicine will not work without sexual stimulation.
There is no fixed dose as to how a dose has to be taken; the general rule is that one should not take more than one tablet per day.
In cases of overdose, standard supportive measures should be adopted as required. Renal dialysis is not expected to accelerate clearance as sildenafil is highly bound to plasma proteins and not eliminated in the urine.
Drugs that are known to relate with this medicine
The possible drug interactions are known to occur with Cenforce FM 100 mg:-
- Nitrates or Nitric oxide donors
- Alpha-adrenergic blocking agents e.g. Doxazosin
- Aspirin (Acetyl salicylic acid)
- CYP3A4 inhibitors (such as ketoconazole, erythromycin, cimetidine)
- HIV protease inhibitor (Saquinavir, Ritonavir)
When to avoid taking the drug
- Allergy: This medicine is not recommended for use in patients with a known allergy to sildenafil or any other inactive ingredients present along with it.
- Nitrate containing medicines: It is not recommended for use in patients receiving any other medicines containing nitrates due to the increased risk of serious adverse effects.
- Cardiac insufficiency: This medicine is not recommended for use in patients suffering from severe unstable angina or severe cardiac failure for which sexual activity is inadvisable.
- Blindness in one or both eyes or Retinitis pigmentosa (genetic disorders that involve a breakdown and loss of cells in the retina)
- Liver or kidney disease;
- A blood cell disorder such as sickle cell anemia (A group of disorders that cause red blood cells to become misshapen and break down.) or leukemia (a type of blood cancer).
- A physical deformity of the penis such as Peyronie’s disease (condition in which scar tissue in the penis causes it to bend.)
- If the patient has been told to not have sexual intercourse for health reasons.
Things to avoid when using the drug
Riociguat: This medicine is not recommended for use in patients receiving Riociguat, which is a guanylate cyclase stimulator, due to the increased risk of serious adverse effects such as severe hypotension.
- Grapefruit Juice
- High fat meals
General Information and Precautions
- Pregnancy and Breast-feeding: It is not recommended for use in pregnant and breast-feeding women unless absolutely necessary. It may be used in women only to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- Hypotension: Consumption of this medicine can cause a mild and short-lasting decrease in blood pressure levels. Caution should be exercised if you are taking any medication for lowering high blood pressure levels.
- Deformation of penis: It should be used with caution in patients having a physical deformity of the penis which may be due to Peyronie’s disease
- Priapism: It may cause Priapism, a painful erection lasting for more than 4 hours.
- Loss of hearing: It may cause a sudden decrease in hearing capabilities along with a buzzing or a ringing sound in the ears.
- Loss of vision: It may cause a sudden loss of vision in one or both the eyes. It may also cause impairment in color differentiation capacity. Hence, it should be used with extreme caution in patients suffering from a rare genetic disorder of the retina called retinitis pigmentosa.
- Heart diseases: It should be used with extreme caution in patients suffering from any heart condition. It is not recommended for use in patients who have suffered from a heart attack, stroke, or life-threatening arrhythmia within the last 6 months.
- Use in Children: Use of this medicine is not good for patients who is less than 18 years of age.
- Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH): Patients suffering from erectile dysfunction are at an increased risk of developing BPH and vice versa. Hence, the evaluation of BPH is recommended in patients with erectile dysfunction.
Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Do not freeze. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not keep expired medicine or medicine which is no longer needed.
General FAQs regarding the drug
CAN CENFORCE FM BE CONSUMED ON DAILY BASIS?
Ans. Yes, Cenforce FM can be taken daily but only a single dose should be consumed.
CAN ALCOHOL BE CONSUMED WHILE TAKING CENFORCE FM?
Ans. No, consumption of alcohol while taking this medicine should be limited or altogether stopped since it affects the working of the drug in the body.
IF A PATIENT HAVING BP MORE THAN 130MMHG, SHOULD HE TAKE CENFORCE FM FOR THE TREATMENT OF ED?
Ans. No, the patient should not consume Cenforce FM for the treatment of ED since consumption of the medication would worsen his high BP.