What is Avana 100 mg?
The primary use of Avana 100 mg is to treat erectile dysfunction (ED) in males.
It consists of Avanafil as its active ingredient. Avanafil, also known as Stendra acts to increase the blood flow in the penis during sexual stimulation.
Sunrise Remedies Private Limited manufactures the Avana 100 mg medicine.
Uses of the drug
The 100 mg strength Avanafil tablets are primarily used to treat ED in men.
Erectile Dysfunction is the inability to get or maintain a penile erection during sexual activity.
It occurs due to decreased blood flow in the penile region of the body.
The reasons behind decreased blood flow might be physical disorders such as Benign Prostate Cancer, Diabetes, and Neuropathy, or psychological problems such as depression, anxiety or stress.
The Avana and Stendra tablets increase blood flow through the penis and help men get a firm erection while attempting sexual intercourse.
Working of Avana 100 mg
Avana’s 100 mg strength tablets have Avanafil as its main salt.
Avanafil belongs to the group of medicines called Phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors.
It has vasodilating effects on the penis, which helps in relaxing the blood vessels and increasing the blood flow.
The 100 mg strength Avana pills take effect within 30-45 minutes.
How to take medicine?
Avana’s 100 mg strength tablets come as oral pills.
You should take medicine with or without food as per your doctor’s instructions.
The medicine should be taken 15- 30 minutes before the sexual activity.
You should strictly take it according to your doctor’s recommendations.
It should be taken only once a day. Do not overdose yourself.
Besides 100 mg, Avana tablets are available in different strengths of Avanafil i.e. 50 mg and 200 mg.
Avana-100 Tablet Side effects,
- Muscle ache
- Sore throat
- Arm, back and jaw pain
- Chest pain and agony
- Pain in bladder
- Distorted vision
- Prolonged and painful erection
The medicines that interact with 100 mg Avanafil tablets include,
- Nitrates: These drugs include medicines to cure chest pain/Angina. Medications like Nitroglycerine, Isosorbide come under this class. When taken with nitrates, it may cause a drop in blood pressure.
- Doxazosin, Tamsulosin: These drugs treat Enlarged Prostate and Hypertension. Interaction with Avanafil tablets can cause blood pressure drop.
- Other drugs like Itraconazole, Ketoconazole, and Macrolide antibiotics, can affect the action of strength tablets in your body.
- Riociguat: The drug is used to cure Hypertension and can interact with Avanafil present in Avana 100 and Stendra tablets to show side effects
- Antibiotics like Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, Telithromycin
- Hepatitis C medication–Boceprevir or Telaprevir
- HIV/AIDS medicine–Atazanavir, Indinavir, Ritonavir, Saquinavir
- Priapism: The medicine in rare cases may cause Priapism, a painful erection lasting for more than 4 hours in patients predisposed with Sickle cell Anemia, Leukemia or Multiple Myeloma.
- Retinal Disease: Avanafil tablets are not recommended for people with retinal disease. It might worsen their condition.
- Cardiovascular diseases: The medicine might show side effects in patients with heart diseases. The vasodilatory effects of treatment can worsen the patient’s condition.
- Liver Disease: For the increased risk of side effects, one should use this medication cautiously in individuals with liver problems. While using this medication, close attention to liver function is required.
- Kidney Disease: In individuals with renal impairment, the plasma clearance of Phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5) inhibitors may be reduced, leading to drug accumulation. In patients with renal disease or those on renal dialysis, therapy with Avana 100 mg should be avoided.
- Grapefruit Juice: Consumption of grapefruit juice can affect the working of this medicine.
Precautions to be taken
- You should avoid using these Avana and Stendra tablets if you are allergic to Avanafil
- You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking the tablet
- You should keep the medicine away from the reach of children
- It is not recommended for women of any age
- Avana pills should not be taken with other ED medicines.
You should keep the medicine away from direct sunlight and moisture.
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I take Avana 100 mg?
You should take medicine according to your doctor’s prescription. The 100 mg strength Avana tablets are taken usually 15-30 minutes before the sexual activity.
Which is the fastest working ED medication?
Research in the Journal of Urology states that Avanafil tablets begin to function as soon as 15 minutes after taking, making it the fastest-acting treatment for ED presently.
How long does Stendra last?
A single dose of Avana ( Stendra) provides relief from ED for up to 6 hours. It should be taken 15 – 30 minutes before the sexual activity for better results.